‘A child can teach an adult three things… To be happy for no reason. To always be busy with something. And to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.’
A popular quote of Paulo Coelho.
We were celebrating Laxmi Puja at our club; the children of the young club members were hopping, running, jumping, playing, shouting, laughing, fighting and giggling with friends. In other words, they were enjoying the evening with no limits.
I pointed out to my friend, “See, how joyful the children are!” Why can’t we enjoy like them? ‘A child can teach us how to be happy’, commented my friend. I reflected on it and the famous quote of Friedrich Nietzsche flashed over my mind, ‘In every real man, a child is hidden that wants to play.’ Suddenly the child hidden within me started playing with them internally. Momentarily I felt happy inside.
To put it differently, a child can teach us many things.
A child can teach us vital things.
- The children believe that they can do everything. They have ‘I can do’ attitudes. So Paulo Coelho rightly pointed out, ‘Only children believe they are capable of everything.’ Thus, they can teach you how to stay positive in all situations.
- They are the real scientists with exploring and creative attitudes. Hence, a child can teach us how to explore new paths with creativity. We the adults only follow his paths.
- They have no fear. No fear of failures or mistakes. Hence they never lose enthusiasm. ‘We should all be inspired by children: they don’t care about fear and mistakes.’, said Maxime Lagacé. ‘ They show how to conquer fear and how to learn from mistakes.
- The children are pure and simple, so, they see the world beautiful. ‘Childhood means simplicity. Look at the world with the child’s eye – it is very beautiful. ‘, said Kailash Satyarthi . So, a child can teach us to be pure and simple.
- Robert Muller said rightly, ‘Observe your children closely: they have often fundamental approaches and answers to the mysteries of life which we have lost as adults.’ Hence, they teach us how to approach and solve those problems of life.
- They keep themselves busy. In this way, they teach us to be present in the present.
- ‘I continue to believe that if children are given the necessary tools to succeed, they will succeed beyond their wildest dreams!’, said David Vitter. So, a child can teach us to succeed in life.
So, awaken the child within you to succeed.
Thank you for your encouraging comments.
So.. very true..if we want to learn child teaches us a lot about life!! Excellent post! ?
In fact i also believe upcoming generations are smarter than us as they have already lived their time which we are presently witnessing(based upon the theory of rebirth). So their accumulated experience is much more than ours☺
I agree with you.
You are absolutely right about this ….great post Rabi ji..
Your comments mean a lot to me.